Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

User limits

FogBUGZ limits the number of users, based on the license.

For public bug tracking that essentially means that the admin must be the only one who can create users, and people can only enter a case without log-on.

Does that mean people cannot browse/list/search such a public bug tracking system?

I assumed the user limit would be for # of people to which bugs can be assigned, not the number of people who can submit and view information in the system?

Jean-Claude Wippler
Friday, January 16, 2004

You can always write your own page to browse issues that would be outside FogBUGZ.  I'm sure there's a SQL command in the code somewhere for browsing issues you could use.

Wade Winningham
Friday, January 16, 2004

We do ship the source code, you can modify it as needed. Actually, you don't even have to modify it to do this: if you have programmers on staff, you could write a very simple ASP (or whatever) page that queries the Bug table in your FogBUGZ database for the cases entered by the given user, i.e. "where sCustomerEmail = 'customers@email.here'. Do a join on the BugEvent table to get current status and history etc.

Dmitri (fogcreek)
Friday, January 16, 2004

So the answer is "build it yourself"?  Then why use FoxBUGZ?

Isn't public use a supported usage scenario?  Can people who submit bugs anonymously at least somehow track the status/history of what they submitted?

Jean-Claude Wippler
Friday, January 16, 2004

At this time, the current version of FogBUGZ does not allow public, non-licensed users to view cases.  They can submit cases, and you can notify them of certain events using the fogbugz interface to send them notifications.

Michael H. Pryor (fogcreek)
Friday, January 16, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home