Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Feature request: Generic filters for projects

In looking at the previous filter request the following vaguely related notion occured to me that of generic project filters:

If I wanted to get really clever what I'd like is a set of "generic" filters that I can apply to any project (currently I have several copies of a number of filters that only show bugz for a specific project but are otherwise identical)

A typical example would be my "inbox" filter for dealing with emailed errors - since those from the web applications are often multiple duplicates I need to be able to look at just that project to maximise my chances of tidying up correctly. Since there's more than one inbox I need more than one filter...

Murph
Tuesday, January 06, 2004

What if you just sort by Project first? The you can see the results for that filter in every project on one screen...

Joel Spolsky
Tuesday, January 06, 2004

I seem to recall you were the one who wrote about the desireability of having programmers focus on just one project at a time (-:

Which is most of the point (given that you're absolutely right) - I have several variations on stuff filtered down to a single project the purpose of most of which is to allow me to focus on completing the tasks for just that project.

Murph
Wednesday, January 07, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home