Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Scout interface plus user?

I need to integrate FogBugz with another system. That system could easily send an http post, so I planned to use the Scout interface.

The problem is that the incoming case needs to be assigned to a FogBugz user in addition to a project and area.

Doable?

Daniel Berlinger
Thursday, December 18, 2003

Yep, just set ScoutUserName to the name.

Michael H. Pryor (fogcreek)

I thought that "field" sets who opens the Case, not who the case is assigned to... and a quick test seems to support what I believe.

Is there a switch somewhere?

I need to /assign/ the case via scoutSubmit...

?

Daniel Berlinger

Sorry Daniel, I didn't read close enough.  You are right...  Currently scoutsubmit.asp doesn't support this.  You could either modify scoutsubmit.asp or just make an email gateway, and use dispatcho (ie. have your program just fire off an email to a special mailbox).

Any pointers on where to make a mod in that file would be appreciated...

Daniel Berlinger

Look in CBug.asp for the assign function.  You'll want to call that in scoutsubmit.asp  (somewhere after the bug create calls).

Make a backup of this file because if you upgrade FogBUGZ you will lose your modifications.

Customer Service

is there an easy way to return the case number when using scoutsubmit?

Paolo Hutchison
Monday, December 22, 2003

after you use the cbug object (load or create it), it has a property called ixbug which is the case #.  you could modify the script to return that number somehow.

Hmmm. Nice touch, maybe I'll do that as well. While I suspect it is clear, can Fog Creek consider both of these feature requests? Or write the larger story "I'd like a interface for integration (with other workflow products etc. etc.)."

'best,

d.

Daniel Berlinger

thank you for the response - yes it was very simple to implement - i just added another xml node called <caseid> with ixBug to the return string.

Paolo Hutchison

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home