Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Version 3.0 Distribution

I would like to see you distribute the software like you do with CityDesk -- that is have a starter edition which can be downloaded and installed.  Due to the proprietary nature of the stuff we do -- evaluating using your current scheme isn't feasible. 

We currently have a bug tracking software which is half brain dead.  By installing a crippled version (50 bugs total?) would facilitate your "viral bug tracking" sales method. :-)

Jim
Wednesday, March 06, 2002

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your viewpoint) since our product is ASP based, we distribute the source code when you install the product.  Hence, we can't create a crippled version that wouldn't be easily un-crippled.

We do however offer a money back guarantee for 90 days no questions asked.  So if you've tried out the demo server and you like it, then just purchase a five user license and install it.  Then if it doesn't suit your needs you can always return it.

Michael H. Pryor

An easily un-crippled copy would be ok with me! :-)

It is tough to get a PO for a product before I have anyone convinced we should switch to it.  :-(

Thanks for responding.

Jim

That's why the five user license is $199!  We figured people could put it on their credit cards and then get reimbursed (or if it doesn't work, return it).

Michael H. Pryor

Did exactly that - I can even cope if I don't get re-imbursed for the grief it will save me in the long term...

Murph
Friday, March 08, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home