Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

New Case screen

We are currently trialling FB and notice that the New Case screen still shows a deleted project. I deleted a project to get rid of all the test rubbish and then created another with the same name, we now see both on the New Case screen which is quite confusing! How do we get rid of the deleted one?

Also, how can we delete test cases, we want to delete them completely to clean things up before we add too many 'real' cases

Myles
Sunday, December 07, 2003

It only shows because it is the last project you submitted a case to.  Once you submit another case to another project, it will not show anymore (It only shows because there is a quick remember feature which remembers the last project you made a case for.)

Michael H. Pryor (fogcreek)

FogBUGZ keeps a history of everything, so it's not possible to delete a case entirely from the database without access to the database itself.  Resolving and closing the case will have the same affect.  It will no longer show up in your screens, unless you search specifically for it.

Michael H. Pryor (fogcreek)

I understand that the project in the dropdown is just a 'memory' of the last project to which a case was submitted but how come it allowed more cases to be submitted after the project had been deleted?

Myles
Tuesday, December 09, 2003

For real-world flexibility.

Dmitri (fogcreek)

Ok, ok.. you're right :)
It's not the best possible scenario... we'll try to deal with it in a future version.

Dmitri was referring to the fact that I could already have a page with that project ready to submit, and you delete it, but I still want my case to be submitted due to timing issues.  So we allow this behavior currently.

Customer Service

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home