Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Feature Request - Priorities by Project

Greetings,

I'm a newbie FogBugz user and have enjoyed using it all of 3 days now :)

One request I would like to see for a future release is the ability to assign different priorities to cases on a project level basis instead of globally like we have now.

If there's a chance you can do this now, would someone kindly point this out to me.

Thanks!

Zack Jones
Thursday, December 04, 2003

Not sure what you mean.  If you have different Projects set up, wouldn't the priority set on a case in that Project then be on a project level already?  What do you mean by global?

Kelly Hoerner
Thursday, December 18, 2003

I think I understand the question be to different titles for priorities.

Here is an example. If I have a Project for my software it would have priorities like "Must Fix" and "Sometime Maybe". But on another project used for customer support it might be "System Down" and "Call Back Today". Different projects have different descriptions for priorities.

Marc
Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Marc is correct. The way FogBUGZ works now is when you assign priorities using the priorities link on the orange/brown menu bar those priorities are used by all projects within FogBUGZ. I would like to be able to assign priorities such as high, medium and low to project #1 and showstopper, critical, no biggie for project #2. I currently can't do this.

Zack Jones
Monday, December 29, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home