Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

E-mail problems.

Two e-mail features that worked before with our Fog Bugz are not working currently.

1. Notify the person to whom the bug is assigned.(the person has his e-mail notification turned on ).

2. When I subscribe to receive a notification to
the change of some case and the case is changed I don't receive the e-mails.

3. The only way to send e-mails is when I'm logged as administrator and send e-mail remainder to other users.

Any idea how to fix this problems.

Alek
Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Have you checked:
http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/KB/trouble/EmailNotificationProblems.html

Michael H. Pryor (fogcreek)
Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Hi thanks for the link I went to the details of it and I still don't have a solution to my Fogbugz e-mail problem.

My first question is:

1. You advice:

If using Default SMTP Server, is Relaying set correctly?

In the properties dialogue for the Default SMTP Server in IIS, go to the Access tab and click Relay. Make sure "Only the list below" is selected and make sure that the IP of your server appears in that list, i.e. that your web server (and FogBUGZ) is granted access to this SMTP server.

1. How can I find the properties dialogue for the Default SMTP Server on my XP operating system?

2.Our SMTP server is smtp.dsl.net that is the our DSl's provider smtp server. And this server is delivering mail just fine. The proof is that mails from Fogbugz that are send when a Fogbugz administrator clicks send e-mail remainder go well. Our problem is still that the Fogbugz is not sending e-mails when a new case is assigned!
And the receiver has turned ON his e-mail notification.

Any further ideas how to resolve this issue since its starting to cause problems within our dayly use of Fogbugz.

Regards, Alek

Alek
Thursday, December 04, 2003

When you open IIS, and expand your server node, if you don't see Default SMTP Virtual Server then it's not installed. If you do see it, right click and select properties.

You know about the no self notification rule right?

I don't have enough information to hatch a theory. That guide was carefully put together by the developers that built FogBUGZ, and has been expanded as people come up with new ways of breaking the email chain :) There's no way you can go through every step to the letter in that guide and not find the problem, or drinks are on us.

Dmitri (fogcreek)
Monday, December 08, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home