Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Localization, working with customers & one tech Q.

I have three questions please:

1. Do you have localized version of FogBUGZ (Russian in my case) ? This includes interface, e-mail notifications, etc. If not, is it planned ?

2. It looks like FogBUGZ is targeted mostly to developers and bases on the idea of "trusted users". It lacks access control, so that we can't restrict customers to browsing only their own cases. Are there any plans here ?

3. I have deleted "Incoming mail" project before even realizing what's it for. Can it be recovered ? If not, where does mail go now ?

Thank you.

Dmitry Dvoinikov
Wednesday, November 26, 2003

1. Do you have localized version of FogBUGZ

In the FogBUGZ/website folder there is a file called lang.asp. This contains just about all of the words you see displayed when using FogBUGZ. You can simply go through this file and translate from English into your language of choice.

2. It lacks access control

It is true that access control is not a primary concern in the current version. There are however workarounds that may suit you well:
http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/KB/setup/WorkingwithExternalCustom.html

3. I have deleted "Incoming mail" project before even realizing what's it for. Can it be recovered ?

Well, you could open your database directly and change the fDeleted flag to zero in the Projects table. But it is really meant as an example project anyway, you can just create a new project intended for incoming email.

As for where mail goes, just click on Mailboxes, then set up a mailbox, and tell it which project you want it to import emails into. Here's more information on that:

http://www.fogcreek.com/fogbugz/help/FeatureGuide.html
(scroll down to "Mailboxes" section)

Dmitri (fogcreek)

3. I have deleted "Incoming mail" project before even realizing what's it for. Can it be recovered ?

Ahh...I assume you are using the trial server.  Send us an email at customer-service with your trial id and we can undelete your Incoming Email project.

Michael H. Pryor (fogcreek)

And of course, since you are indeed a trial user I should clarify that the aforementioned ability to edit your Mailboxes is not supported in the trial.

Dmitri (fogcreek)

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home