Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Pocket Explorer Error

I receive the following error when i try to edit a case fromny Pocket PC:

Your bug was NOT submitted. Please hit back and resubmit your bug.: 006~ASP 0206~Cannot call BinaryRead~Cannot call BinaryRead after using Request.Form collection.

Has anyone seen or dealt with this?

James Shields
Friday, November 14, 2003

Did you write custom code for the pocket explorer or are you just using the regular fb asp pages?

Michael H. Pryor (fogcreek)

I'm just using straight FB.  No special code.

James Shields

Which version?

Edit default.asp on your server... comment out the line that says "On Error Resume Next"
right after Case "preSubmitBug"

just make it

'On Error resume next

with an apostrophe
then do it again. that will give us the line the error happens on.

The error occurs in CFileUpload.asp on line 517.

It appears that FogBUGZ thinks I have a file to upload, and then dies when it can't find it.

An interesting note: the filename entry field (type="file" name="File1") does not appear in Pocket Explorer.

James Shields
Friday, November 21, 2003

Version 3.1.9 (DB 328)

James Shields

Must be pocket IE...

It probably doesn't understand the encoding type for the form...
enctype="multipart/form-data"

Especially if its not showing you the file input...

With Pocket IE, I'm not worried about files.  It'd be nice if FogBUGZ detected this and submitted an edit.

James Shields
Friday, December 05, 2003

I get the same error on Pocket Explorer , it may be due to the fact that pocket explorer doesn't show either the attach a file input box or the browse button to use for uploading a file. hence the talk in the message about binary read.

Pocket explorer is usually spot on all the web apps we have written work fine in Pocket IE - though they are all java Servlet/JSP!

Would be great to have Pocket explorer support for fogbugz to make quick edits on the road or in wireless range etc.

Richard Downey
Monday, December 06, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home