Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

2 users saved bug at same time, db corrrupted

I use fogbugz in ms-access db mode.  The system became unresponsive yesterday.  I tryed to access the url and there was no response from IIS.  I stopped and started IIS several times and rebooted the server to no avail.  I saved a copy of the db then opened up the db with MS-Access.  It detected a corrupted db and repaired it.  I restarted IIS and the system works fine now.

As close as I can tell it looks like 2 users saved a bug at almost exactly the same time into the db.  After the db repair the 2 bugs are in the db and not corrupted.  I am running fine now.  I was wondering if you wanted to look at the corrupted db.  If not that is ok also.

'Greg

Greg Coleson
Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Hi Greg,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  Unfortunately with the number of fogbugz installations that there are, this can happen, but its not a result of two users submitting or editing bugs at the same time.  It is a result of a problem with the MSJet code that accesses the database.  This is way MS has a built in way to "un-corrupt" the databases, because this happens often.

Repair database in MSAccess will solve the problem.

Michael H. Pryor (fogcreek)
Monday, December 01, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home