Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Excessive Database Connections

Hi,

We are using fogBugz on a Windows 2000 Server with SQL Server 2000, I connected to the database using the SQL Profiler tool (to look at a different issue) and it listed 78 existing connections under the login name of the FogBugz user, and seeing as fogBugz is the only application on our whole network that runs under that username I am a bit worried about this on 2 fronts:

1. Would this be affecting people who have a CAL licenced SQL Server? (We have a processor licence)

2. Could this be a cause for some of the performance issues we experience with FogBugz?
- Sometimes it can take > 30-40 seconds to return a list of bugs only 60 or so long
- Even to look at the details of a bug with even just 1 or 2 comments on it can take up to 20 seconds.

Our server is a PIV 2.4GHz XEON with 1GB RAM if that helps.

ChrisO
Thursday, November 06, 2003

What version of FogBUGZ are you using?

From http://www.fogcreek.com/fogbugz/KB/setup/Changesin3.1.9update.html

3.1.5 Changes 4/17/2003:
Case 7560: There was a memory leak which left connections to the database open and would just let the dllhost.exe for the IIS server grow and grow.  This has been fixed.

Note: 3.1.9 is the latest version.

Michael H. Pryor

3.1.0, I suppose I should give the upgrade a try and it should fix my problem hopefully.

ChrisO

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home