Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

workflow, what am I missing?

I see how bugs go into the system, etc. and all that looks fine.

What I do not yet see is where workflow kicks in.

E.g. Joe in tech support enters a bug.  All tech support bugs should be entered as 'unreviewed' and either be unassigned, or assigned to a designated 'reviewer' user.

Then they are reviewed & assigned

So where does this happen in fogbugz?

thanks!

rafael
Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Hello!

We specifically designed fogbugz to make entering bugs easy.

See http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/WhyFogBUGZWorks.html

We may have made design decisions that you do not agree with, but we have found that workflow restrictions make the system harder to manage and result in less bugs being entered.  With this in mind, we designed fogbugz to be simple to use and effective in tracking bugs.

Michael H. Pryor
Wednesday, November 05, 2003

I have a similar problem.

All new bugs get assigned to me and start off as active. Once I have reviewed them I assign them to myself and others for fixing.

Have you any suggestions on how I can distinguish between 'active bugs which are being investigated' and 'active bugs that are actually being fixed'?

I find this a real problem and imagine that many other people work in a similar way.

Thanks

Allen Shiels
Thursday, November 20, 2003

Make a dummy user called "New Cases", and make it the project leader for all projects... then new cases will automatically get assigned to this person, unless the case enterer knows exactly who should get the bug.

Michael H. Pryor (fogcreek)
Friday, November 21, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home