Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Customizing Public View

I plan on linking our FogBugz database to our support page so our registered users and dealers can enter bugs on thier own.  I put an inline frame in our page with a link that opens the public submission view (www.myfogbugz.com/default.asp?pg=pgPublicEdit)
So this works, opens a new case and all is great...except, the user also has the ability to access the LOGON, and other links I dont want them seeing.

How do I custominze it so the Public view has a different set of links in the header area?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Steven Burnett
Sunday, November 02, 2003

You could just take the form elements from that page and make a new page?  Would that work?

Michael H. Pryor
Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Sure sounds like it could.  I have to apologize as I know just enough to be a little dangerous (but thats how I learned VB)

All I need is a little direction on how to get there...I was poking around, but couldnt find where I wanted to make changes

Steven Burnett

I think what you should do is go to the public submission page, save the html, then strip everything out that you don't want, and make a new static html page.  Its better off to leave the FogBUGZ source alone (especially in this case where you can achieve what you want without messing with the ASP code).

Michael H. Pryor

Might not be the route you want to go, but the other option is to use the email submission method, via a html form.

Have a look at the source behind my submission page to see how I did it (it's calling an email script supplied by my ISP but I'm sure you could find a replacement).

http://www.imij.co.uk/Contact.html

The important part is that I direct bug, feature and inquiry submissions to different mail boxes, which are picked up individually and assigned to "New Bug", "New Feature" and "New Inquiry" projects respectively. You could of course change these to be product or client specific email addresses going to relevant projects.

Just a thought.

Ian Jones
Wednesday, November 05, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home