Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

VSS question

We are attempting to integrate FogBugz with our VSS database (1 database that contains multiple projects) and the documentation states:

<snip>
For each VSS project you have, add a line to the script beneath the commented out line
        'Call ProcessVSSJournal("Project Name", "Path to VSS Database directory")
For example:
    Call ProcessVSSJournal("Test", "C:\program files\microsoft visual studio\common\vss")
</snip>

Just for clarification, I assume the "Project Name" is that as shown in the VSS database rather than FogBugz (they are actually slightly different).  Do the FogBugz and VSS project names need to be identical?

As we develop/deploy an n-tier web-application, we'll probably need to organize our VSS system a bit differently (any advice or experience on THAT subject is helpful, too) to accomodate the FogBugz integration, but I want to be sure about the naming issue as it is not entirely clear in the documentation that I've read at http://www.fogcreek.com/fogbugz/help/VSSVBScript.html.

Currently, we do not create branches for various minor Builds, but DO have separate projects for major Versions.

A.D. Kent
Thursday, October 16, 2003

It refers to the VSS project ONLY.

Michael H. Pryor
Thursday, October 16, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home