Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Blank Incoming Emails

I keep getting blank cases from incoming emails. Anyone see this problem before?

Ned Bryant
Thursday, October 16, 2003

Weird.  Can you look in the bugevent table at the bugs and see if there is any text in the s column for that event?

Michael H. Pryor

No - that field is blank.

I think I may have found the problem. If the person emails the bug with attachments that are bigger than the threshold you get a blank case.

Ned Bryant

It shouldn't unless you've written custom code... the normal code that handles incoming email doesn't check the attachment size. (Unless your mail server is the one that is truncating the message).

Michael H. Pryor

I just installed FogBUGZ and am getting the same problem. Has anyone figured out the problem yet?

PROBLEM DETAILS -

FogBUGS configured to check incoming mail on support account. FogBUGZ retrieves mail correctly and creates a case, assigns it to the correct user, and sends an email message to that user. Subject line is fine ("FogBUGZ (Case 5) Support - Another request") but body of message is completly blank. I expect to see the body of the original message and a link to the case in FogBUGZ.

Charlie Bailey
Saturday, February 21, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home