Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

e-mail question

I've noted that there is "notification" capabilities within the context of all "cases" coming into the system via e-mail, however, those same features don't exist for bugs/features/inquiries that were added via the client interface.

Is there any way to, say, send a status of a case for those that were NOT initiated via e-mail into the system?  Certainly, a copy/paste of the case-thread into a mail-client is easy, but it would be nice to be able to send a status directly from ANY case. 

If not, I'm sure there is a good reason why...

A.D. Kent
Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Uh, where'd you get that idea?? :) The notifications take place regardless of whether the case originated as a mail-in, and regardless of whether it's a bug or inquiry or feature.

Dmitri Kalmar

(Are you aware of the no-self-notification rule? FogBUGZ assumes you know what you just did.)

Dmitri Kalmar

Perhaps I need to re-qualify my question.  The original intent was to be able to notify a non-user on an as-needed basis as to the status of an issue.  Ideally, it would be nice to have some sort of auto-resonder that (based upon the subject-line of a requester's e-mail) would provide a full enumeration case-status and details of a particular case.

If either of these two features exist, I've yet to locate them.  I can understand why they might not, but I'm new to FogBugz and these particular features were requested of us recently.

A.D. Kent

Oh, NON-users. Yes, auto notifications are indeed limited to licensed users. We're definitely considering more email features for upcoming releases.

Workaround: When I want a case that I can email out of, I send an email to FogBUGZ just to kick off that case, then edit it etc. as needed, and for the life of that case I can use FogBUGZ to send emails.

-Customer Service

Dmitri Kalmar

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home