Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Setup Program Stalls

I'm trying to migrate FogBUGZ to a different computer, because the computer it's currently living on is about to get it's hard drive wiped.  When I run FogBUGZ-Setup-317.exe on the new machine (Windows XP Professional with IIS), I can successfully specify my virtual directory, my existing domain user that FogBUGZ will run as, and a SQL server (new SQL instance, I'll point it at the old one after I've got it completely up and running).  The setup program tells me that it has enough information to proceed, warns me that it'll be stopping the IIS service, and tells me to hit Next to continue.  When I hit Next, nothing happens.  I can hit Back to return to the SQL setup screen, and I can hit Cancel to exit the setup program.  I've shut off all of my virus scanning software with the theory that setup is trying to run some funny script at this point.  But that hasn't worked.  Any other ideas?

Tom Rosso
Tuesday, October 07, 2003

This should be fixed in 3.1.9.

XP has a problem if a resource script specifies to use a manifest to get the cool new XP look.  On some systems, this means that dialogs with a progress bar just fail to appear.  We removed that setting in 3.1.9.

Michael H. Pryor
Tuesday, October 07, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home