Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Feature Requests

Some requests if I may...

1.  Some months ago I requested the ability to bulk select the Fix for field.  I was wondering if this had been scheduled for a release at all.

2. It would be nice to see the Fix For field in the automated emails.

3. Would it be possible to show when the estimate time and/or elasped time has been changed.

Great product.

Matthew Hopkins
Wednesday, October 01, 2003

I would really like to be able to put regular dates in there that aren't 'release dates'.  Particularly on inquiries like 'how does the procedure calculate x'.  This isn't something I'm going to answer for version 2, it's something I'm going to answer on Friday.

I'm working in in-house software rather than commercial software, so maybe I'm different.  But I think most programmers are actually doing in-house software rather than commercial software.  Am I wrong?

Scott Stonehouse
Thursday, October 02, 2003

Nope even when you are doing "Commercial Software" it is really just for the sales department (internal).

Well for us it is anyway.

ChrisO
Thursday, October 02, 2003

I have to agree about the need for something that understands things like: "This week", "This Month" and "This quarter" as a "fix for" - otherwise one is either into a situation where one is constantly updating the list of available fix for dates or using a "fudge".

The difficulty I can see is that its relatively simple in theory its probably moderately horrible in practise... to say nothing of the challenge of getting it used appropriately should it be implemented.

Murph
Friday, October 03, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home