Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Transfer of FogBugz software...

Hi everyone.  The company for whom I work is making changes to its servers.  As a result, it is necessary to take the current version of FB from one server and move it to the other.

Could anyone here please point me to a instructions regarding this transfer?  In particular, we need to know how to uninstall the product from one server and install the product on another server as well as moving the DB, which contains all of the tasks.

Thank you and Regards,

Dan :->

Dan S.
Thursday, September 25, 2003

Hi Dan

1. INSTALL: Install on the new server same as before, allowing it to create a new empty database for you. Don't install licenses yet.

2. TRANSFER: If using SQL Server, detach the FogBUGZ db from old server and attach to empty FogBUGZ db on new server. Or you could right click and "copy objects and data". If using Access, simply replace the new mdb file with your old one. 
Delete all rows in the Licenses table that apply only to your previous, now unwanted, installation. Then open FogBUGZ in browser and install licenses same as last time.

3. UNINSTALL:
http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/kb/howto/UninstallFogBUGZ.html
If you search for "uninstall fogbugz" on google (the quotes aren't even needed), the first record returned is that article. Or, you can go to the Knowledge Base, and under "How To" find the article entitled "Uninstall FogBUGZ"

Hope this helps! :)

Customer Service
Monday, September 29, 2003

I need to transfer FogBugz from an NT 4.0 server to Windows 2000 Server.  The bug DB is Jet.  How do I transfer the bug DB?

Sam Cole
Wednesday, November 19, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home