Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

FB 3.1.9 keeps telling me new version is available

i've GOT version 3.1.9 (db 328) installed, but i keep seeing the " a new version of Fogbugz is available". I've downloaded it, and compared the exe to my existing setup, and they're the same!

What's up with that? Is it possibly related to my other issue (unable to re-register and getting the message: You have used up your license request allotment and our license server can no longer give you licenses. Please contact Fog Creek directly to have your allotment reset so that you may again install your licenses. Thank your for your understanding.)?

john
Monday, September 08, 2003

It's stored in the Application settings for your IIS server.  Try visiting the licenses page and it will check for the latest version.

Michael H. Pryor
Monday, September 08, 2003

I think you missed the issue: the issue is NOT that i want to be prompted for a new version; the issue is that i keep being told there's a newer version available, when in reality there ISN'T.

of course, today i'm not being told.

john
Tuesday, September 09, 2003

I meant, "Try visiting the licenses page and that will FORCE it to check for the latest version and REALIZE that you already have it".  It doesn't check every page load, because it has to hit our servers and that would be too much load not only on our server, but redundant network traffic.  It only checks once a week (or when you visit the licenses page).  Looks like you got it to check and now you are all set.

Michael H. Pryor
Tuesday, September 09, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home