Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Mailbox Filters

I have multiple clients each of which may have one or more projects.  I would like to have only one email address for them to send bugs / feature requests, etc to, but doing so means I will have to manually sort each email into the appropriate project.

What I would liek to see is for Fogbugz automatically sort the case into the appropriate project based on a match in the subject line.

For example, if I have a project named "Website"  and an email comes in that has "New Case: Website"  it should assign that email/case to the "Website" Project.  the match string in the subject could obvioiusly be something other than "New Case: <project>"  but I'm sure you ge the idea.

Otherwise, everytime I start a new project, I'll have to create an email address and set up fogbugz to query that email account -- Over a year I may have hundreds of different projects, and the time it takes to simply query each email address could be insane.

Thanks!
--Eric

Eric Vitiello
Friday, September 05, 2003

You could add this capability by modifying dispatcho.asp if you are familiar with VBscript.  We will consider your request for a future update... Thanks!

Michael H. Pryor
Monday, September 08, 2003

And if you *really* wanted to get fancy, you could add a lookup on the email return-address that could triage the case based upon the sender's address!

JM
Monday, September 08, 2003

Well, then, that's what I'll have to do! (I've been programming with ASP since it's inception).

I like the idea of filtering it based on the from line too.  features, features!

Eric Vitiello
Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Would you like me to send in my changed dispacho.asp?  might save you some time.

Eric Vitiello
Tuesday, September 09, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home