Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Email into Fogbugz

I really like the email into Fogbugz feature.  But I had two questions about it:

1.  It automatically enters the emails as inquiries rather than bugs.  Is there a way to enter them all as bugs originally instead of editing them after the fact?

2.  If I send an email using rich text format, it puts a bunch of html tags in the bug that gets posted.  Is there a way to prevent this other than changing the format to plain text?

Elaine Burns
Friday, August 29, 2003

I can answer your first question.

Although you can't directly assign an incoming email as a bug, by using different mailboxes for bug, feature and inquiry and assigning them to different projects (i.e. New Bug, New Feature and New Inquiry) you almost get what you want.

You can then change the new bug "inquiry" in the New Bug project to a proper bug when you assign it to a user.

That's how I do it anyway.

www.ianmjones.net
Monday, September 01, 2003

As for your second question, the short answer is not yet. Soon HTML tags will be stripped out, for emails that contain only HTML. For now the only way is to use plain text email.

Dmitri Kalmar
Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Here's a complement sandwich for ya..  First of all, love the app... 

However...
I too would very much like to see it strip out the html.  It limits the usefulness of sending emails to the app.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike
Tuesday, January 20, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home