Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Cases disappearing

Does anybody have problems with cases disappearing in FogBugz? I have number of cases that just vanished from the database and people are losing the confidence in the system. I am 100% sure that nobody manually deleted anything and as I can see there is no way to delete the case from the UI. I checked the database as well and I can see that in Bug table cases are simply missing. The ixBug number is skipping.

Does support have any solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Denis

Denis Basaric
Thursday, August 21, 2003

There are only two cases where actual rows will be deleted from the database. 

They both have to do with inquiries (incoming email cases).

If you set on the mailbox settings that you want old inquiries to be deleted every X days, or to delete old inquiries marked as SPAM every X days, it will do that.

Also, phantom cases will be deleted following this:
http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/kb/trouble/FogBUGZCaseNumberskeepjum.html

But no VALID cases will ever be deleted by FogBUGZ.

Michael H. Pryor

OK, that make sense. However, I have team members that are convinced that cases were Closed and now they disappeared.

We did have a auto delete turned on, now I turned it off and will monitor what happens.

Thank you for getting back to me.

Denis Basaric

Sorry I misspoke... Ugh. Let me try that again:

"I have team members that are convinced that cases were not Closed and now they disappeared."...

Denis Basaric

Well, since they're gone we'll never know! :)

One person may last see a case as open, another person closes it without the first being aware of that, then it gets deleted because it was originally an email sent into FogBUGZ and 7 days have gone by or whatever your limit was...?

If you are sure open cases get closed in the future, and can reproduce the problem, do let us know.

Thanks.

Dmitri Kalmar
Friday, August 22, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home