Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Projects sort order

I would like to set up a 'default' project to be at the top of the list, so careless people don't bother the project which happens to start with a A or B...

I did so by:
- inserting a space before the 'incoming email' project (which I like first)
This shows up fine (on top) of the projects list.

However, when submitting a bug it is still another project which is default. Is there a way I can control which project is default?

Adriaan van den Brand
Monday, August 18, 2003

Yes, you go to "Mail Accounts" or something similar on the Admin menu and then edit the account you setup for mail.  Somewhere, about halfway down the page is a drop-down list of projects and you can choose which one you want to be the default.

Kiere El-Shafie
Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Adriaan,

I believe you mean the default project that appears in the drop down when creating a new case.. This defaults to the last case that the user submitted a case on, so if you are entering cases for one project after another it makes this process easy.

Michael H. Pryor
Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Yep, I found out; thanks. Didn't notice before; I happened to be working mostly on the first one in the alphabet. Too simple... I hope people involved in several projects will think of selecting the right project though. Time will tell.

Adriaan van den Brand
Thursday, August 21, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home