Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

FogBUGZ 3.1.9 released

To download: visit https://shop.fogcreek.com and follow "Download" link.

http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/kb/trouble/Changesin3.1.9update.html

3.1.9 Changes 8/11/2003

Improved BugzScout documentation and added article on gathering bug reports automatically with FogBUGZ.
Changes to setup for Windows 2003 computers and IIS6
FileUploads directory is now moved outside website root folder for more security
Attachments without filenames are now shown correctly in FogBUGZ (normally happened with images pasted into emails)
Unicode display when doing a bulk operation on cases, and public bug submissions fixed
"PIF", "COM", and "SCR" added as dangerous extensions
Focus now starts immediately in the description field
ESC key is now disabled while editing a bug so people do not lose their bug reports by accident
Emails from Dispatcho will always send a notification email, even if bug is already assigned to the correct user.
If mail only contains HTML part, we will strip html tags from the message
Disabled users cannot stay "logged on" after being disabled.
Adding new users does not ignore active/inactive setting.
Editing a bug with a fix-for that has been deleted will not change the current fix-for.

Michael H. Pryor
Tuesday, August 12, 2003

I installed the update.  During the install, it said the WWW service didn't come back up, so it went ahead and uninstalled for me.  I know you guys like to make decisions for the users, but that might be taking it a bit too far.

Anyway, the uninstall didn't leave FogBugz in working condition, so it really didn't help.  I decided to try it again, and the install workd fine.  FogBugz is running ok.

But now, any files that were attached in FogBugz prior to the install cannot be opened.  The IE windows pops up ok, and it gives an error message which should read:

ADODB.Stream error '800a0bba'
File could not be opened.

There are font tags and p tags around the text, but they are all rendered as text for some reason.

How do I get the attachments to work again?

non-designer
Friday, August 15, 2003

Never mind, I found it in the backup directory and copied it to the new one.  It works now. 

non-designer
Friday, August 15, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home