Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Restricting Access To Projects

Hi, I've just installed FogBugz, and am generally impressed. However, one thing that I can't see how to do is to restrict access to projects on a per-user basis. Basically, what I want to do is have a project that is only accessible to certain users, rather than what appears to be the current situation where all projects are visible to all users. Unfortunately, if there is no way to do this, FogBugz won't fulfil our requirements

Phil Arundell
Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the kind words. This kind of access control is not supported in the current version of FogBUGZ. We will definitely keep it in mind for future versions.

Cheers!
-Dmitri
Fog Creek Software

Dmitri Kalmar
Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Please put this in your next version. We need this bad.

Matt
Tuesday, September 16, 2003

I too would like to see this feature. Clients should be restricted to seeing only bugs relevant to their project, yet the developers should be able to see all projects that they are assigned to.

The current alternative of having multiple installations, with a separate database for each project, seems to break the golden fogbugz rule of keeping it simple to use: developers are not going to like having to log into multiple systems to check their bug lists.

Other than that, it seems like a great system!

Akash Chopra
Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Restricting access on a per project basis is a feature we need too.  Here is my vote for this feature in a not too distant future release.  Thanks.

QA Tester
Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Yes this is an importent issue for us too.

Nils
Thursday, December 11, 2003

ditto

Murray Roke
Tuesday, March 16, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home