Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Recording error when sending mail

This may be my fault for trying to make it do something that it just doesn't do. What I'm doing is trying to convert cases entered from the web into "e-mail-enabled" cases so that I can Reply and Forward on them to external people. I do this, as mentioned in http://discuss.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=1202&ixReplies=5 by sending an e-mail to the monitored mailbox with "Case #" on the subject line.

But when I attempt to Reply or Forward from such a case, when I hit Send, I get a page that says:

There was an error with your request. Please fix the problem described below and hit back to resubmit your request.

Error sending mail to: "Peter Hebert" Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment

The mail does go out, but my response does not get appended to the case. Outbound e-mail does work from cases that were born from incoming e-mails.

Peter Hebert
Friday, July 25, 2003

OK, not sure why that's not working...

But, the way it's supposed to work is, when external submissions come from a web page, people type in their email address, and you can reply using the reply button.

Joel Spolsky
Saturday, July 26, 2003

Has this issue been fixed since 7/03?

Mark Doerr
Thursday, January 08, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home