Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

FugBUGZ product release cycle

How often are new versions of FogBUGZ released? The subtext being, if I request a number of features, am I likely to see them soon – or at all?
Do you have a desired features list? Perhaps it would be helpful to make this public (ish) so that we – the users - could state our priorities / preferences.
You can then duly weigh them up and decide we can’t have them – I mean decide which release they should appear in :).

Michael Mayne
Wednesday, July 23, 2003

In the 3.x tree are what we call "updates," mostly bug fixes and tiny improvements. These come out every month or two.

We're planning a 4.0 version which will have major new features. We don't really like to pre-announce what features we're going to have in any particular version, for reasons I explain here: http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/MouthWideShut.html -- the short version is that I prefer to underpromise and overdeliver rather than the other way around :)

However this forum is an excellent place to discuss feature requests, or you can email them to fogbugz@fogcreek.com. In both cases the feature requests are reviewed regularly by the team and we maintain our own internal FogBUGZ database with the constantly reprioritized and reshuffled feature list.

Joel Spolsky
Thursday, July 24, 2003

Joel,
Read the article - entertaining and inciteful as usual.
Fine, I'll keep posting requests here.
Now how many email aliases do I have...

Michael Mayne
Friday, July 25, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home