Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

En Masse Editing

I notice someone has already requested the ability to change the "Fix For" field en masse, and that this has been added to the change requests for the next release.  I would like it if this feature also allowed mass changes to other fields, such as project, area, estimate, category, priority, etc.

Colin Sarsfield
Tuesday, July 15, 2003

I would definitely second this request.
It often happens that there is a "catch-up" period in which time is set aside to bring the Bugs list, Features list, etc. up to date with development.  At that time, it would be very convenient to be able to use the Grid View check boxes to select various cases and the "batch" change a feature in them all.

For example: release date gets moved up and all non-critical features are to be rolled into a later release.  It would be convenient to go into Grid View, check the Cases that are non-critical, and hit "Edit" to change all of their Fix For fields to the next release.

Assad E.K. Ebrahim
Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Hear Hear!

Definitely high priority. A lot of batch editing, like batch assigning, is available at least to admins, but as you can tell from the UI we did sort of run out of time in the last release cycle and full batch editing didn't make it in.

Joel Spolsky
Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Being able to easily change priorities on projects would be a great help... I.e. if there are 5 tasks for person X, I'd like to be able to type in a new priority for each task like:

Case      Priority        NewPriority
10          1                      3
11          1                      2
20          1                      1
30          2                      4
40          2                      4

Steve Brown
Monday, November 03, 2003

Ditto - we've changed the way are coding things, and I would like to 'batch' change a number of old bugs.

Jim Adam
Tuesday, November 11, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home