Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Tabular views and more

Am I the only one who'd like to see a tabular (spreadsheet-style) display of bugs on the overview page?  I find FogBugz' current "paragraph"-like style to be the really really wrong way to present lots of identically formatted records. 

My brain wants a table display where I can click on column headers to resort the list.  Yeah, I can jump to the filter page and select sort criteria, but that's slow and too sophisticated if I just want to see the current view by developer name.  (Plus dropdown boxes make my brain hurt.)

--

While I'm at it, an "unfilter" link/button/something would be nice on the summary page. 

Here's what keeps happening to me: I click on a developer's name from the "assigned to" list of the summary page, then I close my browser.  When I come back later, I still see only that developers' stuff.  Then I have to: find the "filter" link; find the "Assigned To" combo box among all the other ones; click it and scroll up to "-- All --"; then find the right button to get back to the normal view ("Show") and click it.  Ow.

Scott Evans
Friday, January 25, 2002

The tabular reports thing has definitely been requested, and more than once.  See, for example,

http://discuss.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=107

I also asked, a long time ago, why the filters need to be sticky.  I conceded that there may be valid reasons why this should be so.  However, you can make your life easier by creating remembered filters on the Filters page.  After you do this, the filters will show up in the My Filters menu and you can get where you need to go in two clicks.

Chris

Chris Dunford
Friday, January 25, 2002

So no response from the good people at Fog Creek?  Should I send comments like the above to fogbugz@fogcreek.com instead?

Scott Evans
Friday, February 01, 2002

Sorry Scott, I assumed Chris' response answered your questions, but just to let you know, we are aware of both suggestions.  Thanks for the input!  We're definitely looking in to both of those topics...

Michael H. Pryor
Friday, February 01, 2002

I would like to see the tabular reporting feature just tacked onto the end of the filter feature.  As a project administrator, I would like to be able to see an overview of what the current state of the union is, with links to the individual bugs.

I would want all of the filtering and sorting that we currently have, but additionally be able to click a "Table-View" checkbox, and pick fields that I wanted to be included.

That would be a keen feature for projects whose buglists are growing, and project leaders who need to stay on top of all the bugs in the project.

Bob Hansen
Friday, February 08, 2002

I have to admit, I would appreciate a tabular view as well.

Lorne Laliberte
Thursday, February 28, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home