Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Single user pack

What exactly does single user pack mean? Is it safe to say that this license is good only for one man dev team?

Farid
Monday, July 07, 2003

You can buy single user licenses, 10 packs or 100 packs.

So for instance if you needed 13 licenses, you would purchase one 10 pack to get the discount, and then 3 individual single user licenses for a total of 13 licenses.

Michael H. Pryor
Monday, July 07, 2003

So a single pack with one license is only good for one person team right?

Farid
Monday, July 07, 2003

Each person that logs in to FogBUGZ needs a license.  So if you have one person, you need one license... two - you need two licenses... etc...

Michael H. Pryor
Monday, July 07, 2003

ok, I'm trying out FogBugz, and I really like it so far, but I'm a bit concerned that I'll be out a large amount of money. I am a one man web development company, and I have quite a few clients.  I would like for my clients to be able to view the outstanding tasks that I have, submit new ones, etc through the web interface instead of just via email.

Does each of my clients require a license?  are the licenses for each user, or just for concurrent sessions?

Eric Vitiello
Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Yes, each client would need a license. It's based on named users, not concurrent sessions. You could deactivate clients when you are finished with their projects; they wouldn't be able to log on and you wouldn't need a license for these inactive clients. So you really only need to pay for the number of active clients that you have at any given time.

Joel Spolsky
Friday, July 18, 2003

Why do you need clients to be licensed users? If all the do is view... Personally, I would not like giving them full access to the full CR/PR repository (of all projects) and limiting access for certain users is the main Fogbugz quality... !

Adriaan van den Brand
Monday, July 21, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home