Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Perforce integration for past changelists

After using Perforce and FogBugz side by side for some time, I'm finally getting around to setting up integration. I've been noting bug ids in my changelist descriptions and I could go back and edit them into the correct format, but it doesn't look like the trigger will run for these past changelists. Is there a way I can search through past changelists and get the info into FogBugz?

Richard Lawrence
Thursday, June 26, 2003

You could probably write a little regexp in vbscript that pulled out the bug info from the changelists...
Using the code in the perforce trigger script as an example and also taking a peek at the CVS table in the database, you could add those records into the database manually using that same vbscript...

Michael H. Pryor
Thursday, June 26, 2003

Wound up writing a Perl script based on the trigger script. Worked great. Now if I could only get perfbrowse to work...

Richard Lawrence
Thursday, June 26, 2003

I finally gave up trying to get the Perl perfbrowse to work. Instead, I wrote a simple Perforce viewer application using ASP.NET. It does just enough to integrate with FogBUGZ. If anyone is interested in this, contact me via email.

Richard Lawrence
Monday, June 30, 2003

I "almost" have perfbrowse.perl working, after a couple of small changes to the script. I say almost because it doesn't return any output when run via a url, but does return the correct output when i run perfbrowse.perl from the command prompt.

I am using ActivePerl ( http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/ ) for windows.

Any help much appreciated.

Dave Bartlett
Tuesday, September 09, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home