Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

FogBUGZ as CRM

FogBUGZ is great.  It occurs to me that it has a lot in common with what a great web-based customer relations management (CRM) program might have.  We've been looking for some good CRM software and just wanted to suggest it as an area Fog Creek might look at for future products.

Jonathan Blocksom
Monday, June 23, 2003

Thanks for the suggestion.  We're definitely considering enriching the feature set which we've already built on that currently begins to support certain CRM functions (like customer support).  Stay tuned!

Michael H. Pryor
Monday, June 23, 2003

Again, please keep FogBugz as simple as possible. :)

Alexandre B. Corrêa
Tuesday, June 24, 2003

This is good news. One of the things that drives me crazy is the lack of good CRM aimed at software developers. There's nothing reasonably priced AND of any quality. Our shop is in desparate need of better customer support software, but everything I see is garbage, or overpriced, or both.

Tim Sullivan
Saturday, June 28, 2003

It doesn't need to be much more complex to do CRM, one more field on the form (and remember they're pretty much all optional) to link to a specific customer (contact) would do it - the rest could then be other forms for details of said contact. There's a field for "computer" etc, etc...

Neat tricks? A contact may be an individual, a dept or company (there has to a limit to the number of levels!) and a fistful of other stuff...

Murph
Sunday, June 29, 2003

I was just thinking the same thing. This is very close to a CRM/customer-service mgmt. tool. I hope to see more on this topic.

Todd Z.
Friday, September 19, 2003

as someone considering buying, a "source" field for basic requirement management is quite essential

Ahik Oron
Wednesday, December 31, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home