Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Emailing an Attachment -- I get two paperclips...

Scenario:
A user emails the fogbugz server which opens a new case.
From within Fogbugz, I hit REPLY, compose a response, attach a file by browsing.  I then hit SEND & CLOSE.
The email is sent. 
So far this is as it should be.

Just to make sure, I type in the Case Number in the Show # field (upper right toolbar).
This brings up the Case with the copy of the email appended (as it should be).

Here's the strangeness:
There are *two* paperclip icons with the attachment just sent.  One paperclip/attachment is with the blue-green rectangle that is a footer to the email, the other is just below that, outside the blue-green rectangle.

Does this mean that the FogBugz database is storing two copies of the file?  What is the significance of the paperclip/attachment appearing *twice*?

Assad E.K. Ebrahim
Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Which version of FogBUGZ are you using?

Michael H. Pryor
Wednesday, June 18, 2003

FogBUGZ Version 3.0.5 - Database Version 324

Assad E.K. Ebrahim
Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Can you update to the latest version? This problem is fixed in the latest version.

Michael H. Pryor
Wednesday, June 18, 2003

True to form, smooth sailing on the upgrade (to 3.1.7); no difficulties and turnaround time of within a half hour.  Kudos for a high quality installer!

FYI: Your suggestion to use Microsoft Access's "Compact and repair..." feature brought our bloated 1.2 *Giga* B .mdb database down to 112  *Mega*B

Where does that much extra padding coming from?

In any event, the much leaner resulting database seems to have left Fogbugz positively zippy in its responses, which is good news.

Assad E.K. Ebrahim
Thursday, June 19, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home