Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

User Permissions

is there a possibility to restrict users to a specific project?
i got a 10 user license for FogBugz 3.0, what we would need to have is, let's say 5 of the users are assigned to project1 the other 5 to project2. none of the users assigned to a certain project should see the other project. how could this be solved?

Rene Fehr
Tuesday, June 17, 2003

The only way to do that is to install two copies of FogBUGZ side by side on the same machine, with different URLs and databases.

Joel Spolsky
Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Joel, is this likely to change in future? I too would really appreciate the ability to restrict certain users to certain projects.

Running multiple databases isn't a practical solution, because I really just want one browser view to see all my pending tasks across all the projects I'm involved in.

Andrew Lighten
Thursday, June 19, 2003

It's a high priority for version 4.0.

Joel Spolsky
Thursday, June 19, 2003

Great.

Can you give us a hint about when version 4 is likely to be available?

Andrew Lighten
Sunday, June 22, 2003

I would definitely say this would be a great addition -- I have the same situation, and I'd love to have a feature such as this.

Eric Vitiello
Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Me, too.....I would have to say restricting users to a set of projects for both visibility and activity is an extremely important feature for me, also.

I have been using the eval system and literally have my credit card out on the desk, but am trying to figure my way around this issue before committing.

Thanks.

Rick Daniel
Friday, July 18, 2003

I'd also vote for more security features. Ex:
1. Some user can only see cases she's been assigned.
2. Some user represents a customer and can only read and only such cases which she had initially submitted.

Thanks.

Dmitry Dvoinikov
Tuesday, November 25, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home