Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Windows Server 2003

Any news on fixing the problem with FogBugz on Windows Server 2003? Any workarounds?

This is a problem for me because our development server is 2003. This is forcing me to run FogBugz on my local PC right now.

Thanks.

marc
Thursday, June 12, 2003

See http://discuss.fogcreek.com/fogbugz/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=1849&ixReplies=0

It's like two posts down.  No one has responded yet.

Michael H. Pryor
Thursday, June 12, 2003

To summarize, as far as I understand, the problem is that when using FogBUGZ with incoming email on Windows Server 2003 the FogBUGZ server will occassionally get into a state where any attempt to use it returns an error. The web server must be restarted, after which, it works again for a while, then the problem comes back.

That is what you're talking about, right?

Although we've seen the problem ourselves we do not have a sure-fire, guaranteed way to make it happen on demand, which is making it very difficult for us to try out various possible fixes. We have some ideas and if you're willing to be a guinea pig please email fogbugz@fogcreek.com and we'll walk you through a change to the registry which we think >might< fix the bug, but then again, it might not.

Needless to say this bug is our #1 priority and we are considering the drastic step of completely replacing our third party email libraries with a different library if necessary to solve this problem. Bear with us, we will get it fixed.

Joel Spolsky
Tuesday, June 17, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home