Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Connection String Issues

I'm trying to re-install 3.1 after it was uninstalled and I keep getting the same error:

"The FogBUGZ database is down or could not be found.

For security reasons, this cannot be fixed over the web.

Please edit the registry on the FogBUGZ server. The setting you want is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fog Creek Software\FogBUGZ\C:/Program Files/FogBUGZ/website\sConnectionString.

To use SQL Server, set this to Provider=sqloledb;Data Source=server;Initial Catalog=database;Integrated Security=SSPI;

To use Access, set this to Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=filename

Or, you can always use an ODBC data source name, which you establish using the Data Sources (ODBC) control panel."

I've followed the pattern above for SQL Server and even made a UDL file and got the connection string out of that and every time, it complains with the error above.

Any ideas???

Nathanael Schulte
Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Permissions!

Its likely that either the fogbugz user doesn't have full permissions on the fogbugz db, or the anonymous access user got reset for that virtual directory in IIS.  Check both of those, or just run the installer and tell it you want to create a new install and then move the database over when its done.

Michael H. Pryor
Wednesday, May 28, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home