Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Re-Opening "Filter only returns max of 500 items"

This was asked a while ago, and Joel's answer was "modify this line of code".

Well, some of us don't want to modify the code, indeed some of us don't aren't allowed to modify the code!  So can you please make your application return all of the records if that's what I've asked it to do?  Imagine the situation ... I ask FogBugz to tell me all the bugs that are in my project - but it doesn't.  It tells me the first 500.  So this means that if I've got 500 closed bugs, I've got no bugs, right?  Wrong!  It means that I just can't see the 501st and onwards bugs.

The only reason I re-raise this now is that I see Michael's accepting suggestions for the next release ... please, pleeeeese accept this one!

Colin Potter
Wednesday, May 28, 2003

I'm sure you already know this, but you can change your filter so it doesn't show you closed bugs... You can also restrict the filter based on Fix-Fors, Priority, Category type (bug/feature/inquiry), Project, Area, Assigned To, and a few others.  Is it possible that your filter isn't specific enough?  500 bugs is a lot to wade through...

Michael H. Pryor
Wednesday, May 28, 2003

I agree with Chris... while 500 is indeed a lot of files to wade through, what happens when you have more than 500 closed projects, and you need to look through them?  If I've got 1,000 closed inquiries, and I want to browse those without a search field, shouldn't I be able to do that?  I'm not very experienced with this software, but doesn't it at least have a "Next Page" option?

Rob Hunter
Monday, June 16, 2003

So has this been resolved as yet? Are there any other caveats with respect to querying bugs?

Eric Jenkins
Wednesday, June 25, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home