Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Moving FogBUGZ to a new Server

Hi all,

We have just purchased a supplementary Intranet server, and I would like to move FogBUGZ from our primary server to this one.

Is there anything I should know before I start? Is it a simple case of installing FogBUGZ on the second server, then removing it from the main one? Or should I do it the other way around?

Cheers,
Matt

Matt Hamilton
Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Install on the second server, get everything up and running and once thats working, move over the database.

Michael H. Pryor
Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Hmm. Well, everything's up and running, but when I edit the Site on the second server, and point it at our original 'fogbugz' database (rather than 'fogbugz1') it asks for a new license.

I tried pointing the original FogBUGZ installation at the new 'fogbugz1' database to get around it, but that causes the original installation to ask for a license too.

Am I going to have to manually copy the database entries from 'fogbugz' to 'fogbugz1' in SQL Server?

Matt Hamilton
Tuesday, May 27, 2003

No, you shouldn't have to copy the records.  We just need to reset the license server for your order.  Send us email at the customer-service address.

Michael H. Pryor
Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Done!

Thanks for your fast replies, Michael!

Matt Hamilton
Tuesday, May 27, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home