Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Setup Projects

I have system I have been working on for years now.  I want to start using FogBUGZ to help track issues and enhancements.
This system has SQL Server 7.0, MS Access project, MS Word templates and documents, and VB 6.0 Applications.
I am looking for suggestions as to how to set FogBUGZ up.  Would the project be all of the applications together?  Or would it be better to break the applications apart and each section be a project?  For example I could have a project named SQL Server 7.

Darrell Dalka
Saturday, May 24, 2003

I would probably make it one project and then split those into areas within the project.  That way later, if you have new programs you could add different projects... OR
You could have one project for each main division, and name them "APP1: VB6" and "APP1: WordTemplates" so later another program could still fit in there.

Michael H. Pryor
Wednesday, May 28, 2003

I have thought of both ideas you have presented.  Putting all in one project seemed to limit how I can break down information.  The downside to the making each section a project is the need to prefix the project names to group them together. 

Darrell Dalka
Wednesday, May 28, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home