Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

After migration to SQL, no cases found

Upsized from Access to SQL following the instructions at http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/kb/setup/oldSchool.html

Now FogBugz cannot find or list any cases.  I am not getting any errors except that no matter what type of filter, list or search I do, it always says "No cases were found that matched." 

All the other data seems to be there (users, priorities, projects, etc.).  Even the tables along the left side of the list view (Open cases by...) are showing the correct statistics.

As far as I can tell, all the tables in the DB all have full-text indexing working (although I may be wrong).

What could be wrong here?

Jason Glassbrook
Friday, May 23, 2003

Updating my problem...

As stated, when I Import Data from Access to SQL using SQL Enterprise Manager - as instructed by FogBugz documentation - the application will not list any cases.

If I use the MS Access Upsizing Wizard, everything looks to work, except that the Licenses table is screwed up - and changing the "sSignature" column data type to binary, does not seem to solve the problem.

Jason Glassbrook
Friday, May 23, 2003

Try deleting the License table, recreating it with the SQL script snippet from all.sql (located in fogbugz\accessories folder).  Then reimport the licenses again.  Changing the datatype is the correct thing to do, but the licenses won't convert correctly.

Michael H. Pryor
Friday, May 23, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home