Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Upgrading FogBugz between versions

I've looked through the documentation and cannot find any explicit information about how to upgrade FogBugz to a newer version.

Forgive me if I've missed something obvious but could someone please confirm the steps I need to take to upgrade FogBugz from version 3.0.13 to version 3.1.5, both using a Microsoft Access back-end.  I already have the version 3.1.5 software ready.

Thanks.

Steve Cady
Friday, May 16, 2003

I have already asked this feature in http://discuss.fogcreek.com/fogbugz/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=1431&ixReplies=4
and received no reply about it... I also suggest you to be carefull when you upgrade the version. Both install options "Just extract FogBugz files, without installing anything" and "Create a new FogBugz installation" can bring down your system. It happened to us and we lost a whole day of work, it was not funny.

Cesar Mello
Friday, May 16, 2003

We have many customer's upgrade using the setup continuously.  We never quite figured out the cause for Mr. Mello's registry problem, but I haven't seen it on any other user's systems.  The setup.exe program was designed so that running the upgrade is just a matter of choosing the upgrade option at the initial screen when the program is run.

You are welcome to back up your access database before the upgrade also if you like, but the upgrade process will not destroy your data.

Michael H. Pryor
Friday, May 16, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home