Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

checkin limit with CVS integration

We have fogbugz integrated with our CVS. When I checkin all the files that fix a particular bug, sometimes i dont see all of them listed against the bug id in fogbugz.

I was wondering if there is any limit on how many files you show against the bug.

Jay Makwana
Monday, May 05, 2003

At the bottom of the logbugdata.pl script, it submits all the bugs one after the other using a socket connection.  Since it doesn't rely on having any perl HTTP libraries installed, this method isn't super efficient if you have lots of files because most web servers only support so many connections at once (and these will all fire off really fast).  So what usually happens is some just get lost.  If you have the perl web libs, you can rewrite this bottom part to make an http connection using the same post parameters and that will fix the problem.

Michael H. Pryor
Monday, May 05, 2003

I had exactly the same problem.

I fixed it by modifying the logBugData.pl script to use the GNU "wget" utility to do the submission, and all my woes went away.

If you want a copy of my logBugData script, let me know.

There's also a bunch of other changes in my script as well. You can put multiple case numbers in your checkin comment (eg: "bugzid: 37, 47, 58") and it will do a checkin against each one. It's also got this weird thing I need whereby it looks at the CVS user doing the checkin and submits to a different URL based on username.

(I need this last feature because there's a few of us sharing the same CVS repository, but we don't have a single shared copy of FogBUGZ. We're all [literally] miles away from each other, and two of us run our own private copy of FogBUGZ.)

Andrew Lighten
Wednesday, May 07, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home