Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

My Bugz

What is the exact criteria used to filter "My Bugz"? I ask because when I filter for all active bugs assigned to myself, I get 12 bugs. When I apply the "My Bugz" filter I only get 3 bugs.

J.P. Rhea
Wednesday, December 26, 2001

"My Bugz" lists all OPEN bugs assigned to you.

This is distinct from ACTIVE bugs. A bug could be OPEN but not ACTIVE if it is RESOLVED (meaning, somebody THOUGHT it was fixed but the bug cannot be closed until the original person who wrote the bug confirms that it is fixed by closing it.)

Joel Spolsky
Wednesday, December 26, 2001

<slaps head against the wall>

Here is what was going on, just so you know...

I left in the default administrator account, but created accounts for myself and 3 others in my organization. We entered a few bugs.

Then I forgot I needed to add a 5th person to the list. It gave me the warning about being over the user limit. So I tried to deactivate the built in admin account. No can do, So....

I deactivated my account and renamed the admin account to my name. Some of the bugs were trapped in my deactivated account and some were now in my "new" account. After Joel's response I started digging a little harder... and found out what I had done.

I know this will be a rare occurance, but would it take more than 5 minutes to put a unique index on the name column to prevent this type of slip up?

J.P.

J.P. Rhea
Thursday, December 27, 2001

We ran into the problem with the admin account, too.

Since it can't be deleted, and we don't use it, and we needed 10 real users, I didn't feel at all guilty about increasing our license from 10 to 15 in the Site screen.  We have 11 users set up: the 10 "real" users that we paid for, plus the admin account that no one uses.

Chris

Chris Dunford
Thursday, December 27, 2001

For the next version we won't count the built-in Administrator account towards the user limit.

Joel Spolsky
Tuesday, January 01, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home