Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Subscribe other people to a bug

A useful feature would be to be able to subscribe others to bug as you raise it.  This would mean the person raising the bug can alert others to those issues (bugs) that he knows they would find interesting.  At the moment you have to send an email to those people who then have to go in to FogBugz and subscribe themselves to the bug.

Could the ability to “subscribe people on their behalf” be added to a future release? 

Robert Kay
Friday, April 11, 2003

We'll consider it!

Joel Spolsky
Friday, April 11, 2003

Consider creating an user acount option like "Disable other people to subscribe me bugs." :)

Alexandre B. Corrêa
Friday, April 11, 2003

I too would like to subscribe otheres to a bug - I spend a lot of time copying the bug text out to outlook and emailing to someone on the team (a sales guy for example) when the bug concerns a customer of his.

Zip
Friday, May 09, 2003

I would love to get FogBugz into my company as it seems like a great product.  The only thing holding me back is a requirement of changing the tool we currently use is to be able to cc/subscribe others to the bug other than the primary "assigned to" contact.

This feature is mandantory for my company, please implement it!

Brian Black
Monday, May 12, 2003

Coming in a little late on this one but this feature gets my vote too. In our case we would use it, as an example, to alert a system technical writer that the bug fix, or feature request will affect documentation say. Right now I do not have an elegant way of doing this.

Victor Rodrigues
Thursday, May 22, 2003

Here, here! I've been using FogBUGZ for a week or two, and I can't count how many times I've copied and pasted bug edits for the purpose of emailing to others...

Andrew Hannon
Friday, August 01, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home