Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Batch edits of bugs?

Following a release, each of our developers has leftover bugs that we decided to defer to the next release. So, for example, each developer must move bugs marked "Fix for 1.0" to "Fix for 1.1." This requires quite a few clicks per bug; it's tedious and somewhat error-prone.

Are there any plans to add an "apply Action X to Set Y of bugs" feature?

If not, why not? Or, to put it another way, in what way has my company strayed from the FogBUGZ philosophy?

Mike
Monday, April 07, 2003

Sometimes I do a SQL statement to solve this problem. The drawback of this task is that FB will not *history* this change.

Alexandre B. Corrêa
Monday, April 07, 2003

You can also do a SQL that would add the relevant data to bug history.  If you're interested for more info on let me know and I'll try and dig it up and post it. 

Karan
Tuesday, April 08, 2003

In 3.0 we started implementing some batch actions, using the checkboxes next to each bug in the LIST page and the buttons down below.

But we didn't have time to make everything batchable, only the most common ones (spam,assign,resolve)...

Anyway this is something we will continue to enhance.

Joel Spolsky
Friday, April 11, 2003

Joel, I may be on drugs, but I don't see the checkboxes in either list or grid view. We're running Version 3.1.0.

I may have misunderstood you -- perhaps you started implementing the batch feature for 3.0, but are waiting to finish all the functionality before you release any of it to us.

Mike
Wednesday, April 16, 2003

It doesn't appear in IE Mac because of a bug in that browser that prevents buttons from being enabled/disabled in javascript.

Michael H. Pryor
Wednesday, April 16, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home