Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

User-Definable Fields

I'm fine with not supplying us with the ability to add our own fields.  However, a simple feature that would have widespread appeal (I would think) would be the ability to use a "template." This template would be configurable on a per-project basis, and would be used to automatically populate the description text box for newly created cases.

Here's what we use now, which is a big pain to copy and paste in each time. Having the ability to have this stuff filled in automatically would be both a huge time-saver, and would make it much easier for new employees to start entering information in the correct fashion.

=== For bugs ===

Steps to Reproduce:

Result:

Expected Result:

Requirement ID:

Comments:

=== For change requests ===

Description of Proposed Change:

Reason for the Change:

Drawbacks of Not Making the Change:

Modules to be Changed:

Areas of Impact:

Comments:

Dave
Monday, March 31, 2003

Great idea! I did something like this some time ago. Unfortunally my custom asps were overwritten when I upgraded from FB2 to FB3. :(

Alexandre B. Corrêa
Tuesday, April 01, 2003

We encourage anyone that wants to submit custom changes that they think might benefit everyone, to send us your modifications.  It's possible they may make it into the next release or they may not.  We cannot make any guarantees, but we will always consider it.  In addition, if you source control your ASP files, you can usually merge the mods (2.0 to 3.0 was an exception because we rewrote most of the code).

Michael H. Pryor
Tuesday, April 01, 2003

NOW my asps are under source control... :)

Alexandre B. Corrêa
Tuesday, April 01, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home