Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

HTML email

Is there any way to allow fogbugz to accept html emails without showing all the html code?

Justin How
Monday, March 31, 2003

Currently this isn't configurable due to security risks associated with doing that.

Michael H. Pryor
Monday, March 31, 2003

Any way of parsing out all the HTML code instead of inserting it into the bug?  It is very difficult to read through submissions from HTML emails and since many people now have this as their default setting, it almost makes the feature unusable.

I know there are some COM add-ins for Outlook that convert HTML messages to Plain-text so there must be a relatively easily way to strip all of that extra stuff out.

Karan
Tuesday, April 08, 2003

If the message has a plain text part, we will show that.  If it doesn't, then we just show the html part.

Michael H. Pryor
Friday, April 11, 2003

I had to change the protocol settings for POP3 in Exchange to provide both text and HTML for MIME messages.

I had to do the following: In Active Directory Users, double click on the account, click the Exchange Advanced tab, click Protocol Settings, double click POP3, uncheck "Use protocol defaults," select Both under MIME. This can also be done at the server level, I think. Now when we send HTML or Rich Text messages to the account, they show up as text in FogBugz.

Richard Lawrence
Monday, April 14, 2003

When you made that change, did it show the HTML properly, or does it just show the HTML as straight HTML?

Noah Webster
Thursday, November 11, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home