Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Seeking to justify my existence...

So far I have been unable to filter the list to display the bugs that I have resolved.

I think that this is because once a case is closed it is assigned to the user 'CLOSED', so listing closed cases assigned to me shows a list of 0 bugs.

Have I missed the combination of filter settings required to get this info, or will I have to delve into the DB at source??

Iain Row
Tuesday, March 18, 2003

I don't believe there is a filter that shows what bugs you have resolved. Resolving a case assigns it to the person who opened it.

I did some work writing a tool that reports on closed and resolved cases. I wound up having to search the Bug table for resolved cases, noting the time they were resolved, then searching the BugEvent table for events with the same bug number and same (within 1 second) event time.

David Thompson
Tuesday, March 18, 2003

That's right, we don't actually keep the information of "who resolved a bug" with the bug itself, it's just a part of the history of the bug. That's because a bug could be resolved several times by different people during it's lifetime.

You could use a querying tool to search the BugEvent table for "resolved" events by you, and then get the bug numbers that way.

Joel Spolsky
Tuesday, March 18, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home