Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

using the next issue link.

I haven't been able to use the next link very well when looking through a filter and editing bugs.

I get bugs assigned to me.  I am lucky enough to be able to delegate some of them.

I look at my cases.  I find one i can delegate, i re-assign it to someone else, and now, I'd like to use the next link to goto the next case in "my cases".  But i start at the first case in "my cases"...which is kind of annoying.  Is there a better way I can walk through my cases and re-assign them, without having to consistently go back to the list of issues or without starting at the beginning of the list each time a bug is re-assigned?

cristobal baray
Friday, March 14, 2003

Basically, FogBUGZ has lost the ability to figure out what the next bug is, because the current bug is no longer a member of your filter, so it has to restart at the top.

I can't quite figure out a good solution for this...

Joel Spolsky
Friday, March 14, 2003

Couldn't the next link have the id of the next bug inserted into the link?  But that's so obvious, I imagine you'll come back with why you have to calculate the next bug on the server side based on the report...which I'm kind of curious about.

cristobal baray
Wednesday, March 19, 2003

:)

because that would mean we would have to do the entire filter when we showed you the individual bug to figure out what the next and previous bug #'s were  (doing the select filter is slow, whereas showing you an individual bug is fast, so we'd rather not make both queries slow).

Michael H. Pryor
Thursday, March 20, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home